Creative Industry News
- January 17, 2017CVD VFX worked on the recently released "Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events" on Netflix. Read how Chris van Dyck started the company that specializes in Compositing, and is working toward another Leo award for "Best VFX".
- January 16, 2017After months of anticipation, the #Crazy8sFilms17 jury has selected the Top 6 projects out of a record 216 applications that will advance to production. Thank you to everyone that applied!
- December 15, 2016The Province of British Columbia and Creative BC announce three new programs for Live Music, Research, and Industry Initiatives.
- December 14, 2016The recent Pacific Northwest Booksellers Association (PNBA) trade show in Tacoma, US, saw the largest turnout of B.C. publishers ever – thanks in part to grants from the Western Canada Diversification Fund (administered by Creative BC). Orca Book Publishers of B.C. attended and we catch up with Marketing Coordinator, Jen Cameron, to learn more about the company, their experiences at the PNBA trade show and Jen’s Top 5 Picks for Christmas giving.
- December 13, 2016Want to screen your work at the Vancouver Queer Film Festival next year? The Vancouver Queer Film Festival invites filmmakers to submit short or feature-length film or video for consideration.