Timelines/deadlines for OMDC’s International Financing Forum (IFF) are as follows. All dates may be subject to change.
Applications Open: May 23, 2015
Application deadline for Canadian producers: June 17, 2015
Application deadline for international producers: June 24, 2015
All applications must be submitted via the OMDC Online Application Portal (OAP).
Presented by Ontario Media Development Corporation (OMDC) at the Toronto International Film Festival (TIFF).
IFF is OMDC’s feature film co-financing event at the Toronto International Film Festival for independent producers and industry executives developing and financing English language projects for the world market. Selected international and Canadian producers are brought together with international sales agents, US distributors, equity financiers, agents and executive producers for brokered meetings and exclusive networking opportunities.
Now in its 10th year, IFF has introduced hundreds of projects to the international marketplace with over 60 successfully financed to date, including Deepa Mehta’s "Midnight’s Children," Denis Villineuve’s "Incendies," David Michôd’s "Animal Kingdom," Haiffa Al-Mansour’s "Wadjda," and Ralph Fiennes directorial debut, "Coriolanus."
At IFF 2014, OMDC scheduled over 400 one-on-one meetings and brought producers together with representatives from:
A Company, Backup Media, Bankside, Beta Cinema, Big Beach Films, Blue Ice Film, Cinetic Media, Echo Lake, Film4, Film Nation, Fortissimo Films, Gamechnger, ICM, IFC Films/Sundance Selects, Ingenious Media, K5 Media Group, Magnolia, Maven Pictures, Memento, MK2, Mongrel Media International, Participant Film, Pinewood, Protagonist Pictures, Quickfire, River Road Entertainment, Radius/The Weinstein Co., StudioCanal, The Match Factory, Visit Films, Wild Bunch, William Morris Endeavor, The Works, WTF.
Guidelines and Application Process
Canadian and international feature film producers are eligible to participate in IFF 2015. Registration is free but competitive. Final selection to participate is based on company track record and the suitability of projects.
Eligible applicants must have at a minimum:
· one full producer credit on a theatrically released feature by a recognizable distributor (Producers with only Executive Producer, Co-Producer and Associate Producer credits are not eligible);
· a market oriented English-language project in development that requires international co-production and/or financing partners.
Please note: IFF accepts non-English-language projects only with prior approval.
Priority will be given to projects that have not premiered at other co-financing or co-production markets. We accept one project application per company.
New Application Process – OMDC’s Online Application Portal (OAP)
OMDC is proud to migrate IFF applications to our Online Application Portal (OAP). This will ensure increased security and functionality.
· All new applications must be submitted via the OMDC OAP. Applications submitted by any other method will not be accepted.
· Prior to commencing an application, you must register your organization’s corporate information through the OAP. If this has not already been done, you must register by going to: https://apply.omdc.on.ca. If you encounter problems setting up your organization’s corporate information, please email for assistance. This email address can also be used for any technical questions you have about the OAP.
· If your company is registered, the IFF program deadline will appear in your dashboard. To start the application, click on “Start new application” and follow the onscreen directions to access the application form.
Further information and the link to the Online Application Portal (OAP) are posted on the OMDC website:
· International Financing Forum (IFF) - http://www.omdc.on.ca/collaboration/business_initiatives/IFF.htm
Jan Nathanson | Producer, International Financing Forum175 Bloor Street East | South Tower | Suite 501 Toronto | Ontario M4W 3R8