BC Tech Co-op Grants Program Helps Creative Sector
As of February 1, 2016, the BC Tech Co-op Grants Program has been expanded to make it even easier for BC companies to hire a co-op student. The program has been extended to larger companies and more industries, for longer terms.
The new program changes are:
- The BC Tech Co-op Grant is available to BC tech companies with 99 employees or less (formerly it was less than 50 employees)
- Non-profit organizations in the technology sector are now eligible.
- Non-tech companies that hire a co-op student in a tech role are now eligible.
- All grants are now valued at $2,700.
- Companies can now get grants for subsequent terms for co-op students hired longer than 4 months, which was not possible before.
- There’s no longer a limitation of two grants per company per term; companies are limited to 4 grants per year.
The BC Tech Co-Op Grants Program is an initiative of the BC Innovation Council. For more information, visit their website.
Still not sure if you qualify for a grant? Take a look at the infographic.