The Magazine Association of BC is organizing the MagsWest Conference at the VSO School of Music, 843 Seymour Street, on November 6. The conference is open to writers, freelancers, bloggers, small press publishers, editors, students and anyone interested in publishing and promoting creative content.
The keynote speaker is Jeremy Elkin of Vanity Fair, who will present “Call Me Caitlyn”: Behind the Documentary and provide insights on implementing a successful multi-platform campaign. Ian MacKenzie, filmmaker and media activist (Occupy Love, Sacred Economics), will present Kickstarter or Bust, sharing strategies of successful campaigns.
- Optimize Your Editorial Production Workflow. Jessica Ross, TVA Group, Ryerson University, Toronto
- Getting Noticed: How to Create Inbound Marketing Opportunities for Magazines and Bloggers. Patrick Sauriol, DigiBC, Vancouver
- Open, Read, Click: Secrets to Creating Digital Newsletters That Connect with Readers. Alyssa Schwartz, digital consultant
- Financial Management for Small Magazines. Lisa Whittington-Hill, This Magazine, Toronto
- From Social Media to Social Websites: the Changing Nature of an Online Presence. Phillip Djwa, Agentic Digital Media, Vancouver
Register early before October 28 to take advantage the early bird rates.