FILMART is Asia’s largest marketplace for the entertainment industry. Global producers, distributors, investors, and buyers from the film, TV, animation and digital world use FILMART to launch projects, network with key industry players and negotiate deals.
As in previous years, the Canadian Pavilion will be front and centre for Canadian delegates to use as their home base for B2B meetings, networking opportunities and for promoting their projects and companies.
Who should join the Delegation?
Canadian companies with a strong interest and plans to expand their business to Hong Kong, the Chinese Mainland and the broader Asian region with focus on:
- Co-production opportunities
- Distribution, production and/or sourcing films and TV programs
- Production of animation and digital entertainment
- Post-production services, technologies and film locations
What does the Delegation offer?
- Assistance identifying partners and business opportunities
- Access to targeted business networks worldwide
- First hand intelligence about working with the Asian market
- B2B assistance for producers new to the market
- One (1) complimentary company registration valued at US$300 (which includes up to 4 individual passes for delegates)
- Accommodation subsidy of US$300 on receipts submitted to HKTDC at the end of Filmart
Successful applicants are responsible for their respective air and ground travel, accommodation (beyond the US$300 subsidy), and incidental expenses.
Applicant producers who are BC residents may qualify for further travel support through the Passport to Markets (PTM) program. The opening for applications for PTM funding is tentatively in February 2018.
16th Hong-Kong-Asia Financing Forum (HAF)
- HAF brings together top Asian filmmakers with their upcoming film projects, for international co-production ventures.
42nd Hong Kong International Film Festival (HKIFF)
- HKIFF is one of Asia’s most reputable platforms for filmmakers, film professionals and film goers globally to launch new work and watch outstanding films.
NEXT STEPS: Application & Deadline
The application form is available to download here: (PDF)
It can be completed and emailed to Jan Miller (email@example.com).
DEADLINE: January 25th, 2018
Click here for more information on HK Filmart
Contact: Jan Miller, Canadian Delegation Lead