CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
HK FILMART, MARCH 18-21, 2019
Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre
(Application Deadline: January 25, 2019)
Creative BC and Telefilm Canada would like to invite Canadian companies to join the Canadian Delegation to the Hong Kong International Film & TV Market (HK FILMART), March 18 – 21, 2019.
FILMART is Asia’s largest marketplace for the entertainment industry. Global producers, distributors, investors, and buyers from the film, TV, animation and digital world use FILMART to launch projects, network with key industry players and negotiate deals. As in previous years, the Canadian Pavilion will be front and centre for Canadian delegates to use as their home base for B2B meetings, networking opportunities and for promoting their projects and companies.
Who should join the Delegation?
Canadian companies with a strong interest and plans to expand their business to Hong Kong, the Chinese Mainland and the broader Asian region with focus on:
- Co-production opportunities
- Distribution, production and/or sourcing films and TV programs
- Production of animation and digital entertainment
- Post-production services, technologies and film locations
What does the Delegation offer?
- Canadian Pavilion as “home base” for delegates at FILMART
- Assistance in identifying partners and business opportunities
- Access to targeted business networks worldwide
- First hand intelligence about working with the Asian market
- B2B assistance for producers new to the market
- One (1) complimentary registration per company valued at US$300 (which includes up to 4 individual FILMART passes )
- Accommodation subsidy of US$300 per company (upon submission of hotel receipts to HKTDC after the event)
Successful applicants are responsible for their respective air and ground travel, accommodation (beyond the US$300 subsidy), and incidental expenses.
Applicant producers who are BC residents may qualify for further travel support through the Passport to Markets (PTM) program (https://www.creativebc.com/programs/marketing-programs). The opening for applications for PTM funding is tentatively in February 2019.
17th Hong-Kong-Asia Financing Forum (HAF) www.haf.org.hk
HAF brings together top Asian filmmakers with their upcoming film projects, for international co-production ventures.
43rd Hong Kong International Film Festival (HKIFF) www.hkiff.org.hk
HKIFF is one of Asia’s most reputable platforms for filmmakers, film professionals and film goers globally to launch new work and watch outstanding films.
NEXT STEPS: Application & Deadline
DEADLINE: January 25th, 2019
Contact: Christine Chiu
Tel. (604) 730-2235
For more information on HK Filmart please go to: http://m.hktdc.com/fair/hkfilmart-en