JOB ADVERTISEMENT – BUSINESS REPRESENTATIVE ASSISTANT
IATSE Local 891 is a labour organization representing over 8,650 professional artists and technicians working in nineteen (19) different departments in the British Columbia andYukon film industry. The skills, professionalism and world class reputation of IATSE Local
891’s members attract film and television producers from across the globe. We are seeking a business oriented labour relations professional to assist IATSE Local 891’s Business Representative. Interested applicants can send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Assist the Business Representative in actively pursuing production work and promoting British Columbia and the Yukon as a film location through:
o pursuing relationships with local and international film and television producers, and;
o assisting with marketing initiatives as assigned, both provincially and
o assisting with managing the social media networks that support the Union’s brand message.
• Assist the Business Representative in the collective bargaining process between Local
891 and the employers by:
o managing statistical research for bargaining purposes, and;
o consulting and providing support for contract language and strategies.
• Assist the Business Representative in implementing policies of Local 891 within the production industry and the broader community by:
o participating in governmental lobbying activities, and;
o attending and reporting on industry meetings as delegated by the Business Representative.
• Other related duties as required.
• Successful completion of post-secondary education in business specializing in labour
relations, or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
• Knowledge and experience in the BC Motion Picture production community required;
• Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in a related creative industry, including business
and/or labour relations experience required;
• Government relations and/or lobbying experience preferred;
• Strong attention to detail and demonstrated ability to understand contractual language;
• Demonstrated detailed knowledge of production budgeting;
• Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills required;
• Ability to interact comfortably with all others including an active membership;
• Ability to work well independently and in a team environment.
• Travel may be included, so valid passport and drivers licence required.