Executive Assistant to IATSE 891 Business Representative
October 23, 2019
Applications are now open!
IATSE Local 891 is a labour organization representing over 8,650 professional artists and technicians working in nineteen (19) different departments in the British Columbia and Yukon film industry. The skills, professionalism and world class reputation of IATSE Local 891’s members attract film and television producers from across the globe.
We are seeking an Executive Assistant to the Business Representative.
- Assists the Business Representative in drafting documents, scheduling appointments and meetings, and making travel arrangements.
- Files and organizes hard copy and electronic information.
- Updates the database with information as requested by the Business Representative.
- Conducts research and compiles summary statistics in Excel on assigned projects.
- Orders and maintains stock of branded items on direction from the Business Representative.
- Assists with events, sponsorships, and coordinates ads associated with the Business Representative’s office.
- Maintains the Business Representative’s budgeting spreadsheet.
- Other duties as required and assigned.
- Minimum three years of office administration experience.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Demonstrates initiative, diplomacy, and discretion at all times.
- Must have advanced Excel skills, and be proficient in Microsoft Word and Outlook.
- Must have excellent customer service skills, and a professional telephone manner.
- Must be detail oriented, able to organize workflow, and problem solve.
- Knowledge of the film industry would be an asset.
Testing will be administered to corroborate knowledge, qualifications and skills. This is a position is part of the UNIFOR 3000 bargaining unit.
Please submit your resume and cover letter by 5:00 pm November 1, 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org