(APPLICATION DEADLINE: extended to JANUARY 22, 2020)
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
HK FILMART, MARCH 2020
Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre
Creative BC and Telefilm Canada would like to invite Canadian companies to join the Canadian Delegation to the Hong Kong International Film & TV Market (HK FILMART), March 25-28, 2020.
FILMART is Asia’s largest marketplace for the entertainment industry. Global producers, distributors, investors, and buyers from the film, TV, animation and digital world use FILMART to launch projects, network with key industry players and negotiate deals. As in previous years, the Canadian Pavilion will be front and centre for Canadian delegates to use as their home base for B2B meetings, networking opportunities and for promoting their projects and companies.
WHO SHOULD JOIN THE DELEGATION?
Canadian companies with a strong interest and plans to expand their business to Hong Kong, the Chinese Mainland and the broader Asian region with focus on:
- Co-production opportunities;
- Distribution, production and/or sourcing films and TV programs;
- Production of animation and digital entertainment;
- Post-production services, technologies and film locations; and
WHAT DOES THE DELEGATION OFFER?
- Canadian Pavilion as “home base” for delegates at FILMART;
- Assistance in identifying partners and business opportunities;
- Access to targeted business networks worldwide;
- First-hand intelligence about working with the Asian market;
- B2B assistance for producers new to the market;
- One (1) complimentary registration per company valued at $400USD which includes up to 4 individual FILMART passes; and
- Delegates may be eligible to receive an accommodation subsidy of $400USD per company (upon submission of hotel receipts to HKTDC after the event).
Please Note: Successful applicants are responsible for their respective air and ground travel, accommodation and incidental expenses.
Applicant producers who are BC residents may qualify for further travel support through the Passport to Markets (PTM) program (https://www.creativebc.com/programs/marketing-programs). The opening for applications for PTM funding is February 2020.
NEXT STEPS: APPLICATION & DEADLINE
The application form is available to download from the Creative BC website, and can be completed and emailed to Erika Kumar firstname.lastname@example.org.
DEADLINE: extended to JANUARY 22, 2020
Travel Advice and Advisories from the Government of Canada: