Click to visit their website
The Indigenous Screen Office (ISO) is pleased to announce that the application process is open for the disbursement of $2 million in COVID-19 Emergency Relief Funding to support Indigenous-led production companies impacted by the pandemic.
The Emergency Relief Fund for Productions will grant eligible Indigenous productions up to $50,000 and will be awarded on a first-come-first-serve basis until the fund allocation has been depleted. The relief funding will support COVID-19-related business continuity and expenses such as health and safety consultants, extended production dates and associated costs, Personal Protective Equipment, and insurance.
This fund developed to support projects in production or post-production during the period of March 15, 2020 to December 31, 2020.
ISO is working on a Development Grants Program which will launch in late August for companies and individual creators while the partnership grants will support training and skills development.
ISO will also be launching a Solidarity Fund for racialized screen creators in partnership with the Racial Equity Media Collective (REMC) with a focus on reaching Black creators. Funding for the program comes from the Canada Media Fund’s 15 per cent allocation of the Government of Canada’s COVID-19 Emergency Support Fund for Cultural, Heritage and Sport Organizations that will be invested through targeted initiatives to ensure equity, including by region, language and for underrepresented groups.
The total of this allocation will be $13.3M in emergency funding. The objective of this program is to provide relief for majority-owned Indigenous production companies impacted by COVID-19, and to provide support for additional unanticipated expenses resulting from the pandemic.
How to Apply:
- Please read the Application Guidelines prior to completing the application: Click Here
- All Applicants must apply online using the ISO Emergency Fund for Productions Application Form: Click Here
- Applicants must submit the appropriate application form, duly completed and signed, together with all required documentation, including the Applicant attestation form.
- Please note that if you are applying for multiple productions, you must complete a separate application for each production.
- The total request per production company cannot exceed $50,000 even if you are applying for more than one production.
- For questions, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org