Today, Creative BC is pleased to announce the recipients of the 2020/21 Market Expansion Fund.
In August 2020, Creative BC announced the Market Expansion Fund as a replacement of the Passport to Markets Fund for book publishers as a response to COVID-19. This program provides financial support for B.C. book publishers to attend select book fairs, conferences and events for the purpose of promoting their publishing list in both foreign and domestic markets, expanding business opportunities through foreign and subsidiary rights sales and the development of digital marketing materials or campaigns.
The Market Expansion Fund serves Creative BC’s strategic objectives as the economic development agency for the province’s creative industries. Through strategic collaboration, culture and commerce continue to unite to sustain the creative economy, attract new investment, and stimulate the creation of new jobs and career opportunities in B.C.
These 15 companies will be granted up to $10,000 for eligible activities:
- New Society Publishers, Gabriola Island
- Harbour Publishing Co., Madeira Park
- Caitlin Press, Halfmoon Bay
- Talon Books, Vancouver
- Medicine Wheel Education, Victoria
- Orca Book Publishers, Victoria
- Douglas & McIntyre, Vancouver
- Royal BC Museum, Victoria
- Anvil Press, Vancouver
- Nightwood Editions, Gibsons
- UBC Press, Vancouver
- Simply Read Books, Vancouver
- Tidewater Press, New Westminster
- Greystone Books, Vancouver
- Arsenal Pulp Press, Vancouver
Learn more about the Market Expansion Fund: www.creativebc.com/programs/development-funding/market-expansion-fund#market-expansion-fund-details