Below is information on how BC music presenters and organizers can apply for grants of $5,000 to produce music events that adhere to the Province’s COVID-19 health guidelines as they evolve throughout 2021.
INTAKE #1 DEADLINE: FEBRUARY 26TH, 2021 (5:00PM PST)
INTAKE #2: OPENS APRIL 26TH, 2021 (7:00AM PST)
- Celebrate local music, build community and support creativity.
- Provide direct funding support to the BC music sector and open opportunities for local musicians to connect with new audiences.
- Present music on a variety of digital platforms and spaces across BC.
- Unite the community by promoting local music across a digital platform and create connections between local musicians, promoters, BIAs and the music industry at large.
- Act as an amplifier for music to flourish in a digital format and focus on the rich musical and cultural diversity in our province to create high quality legacy content.
- Provide opportunities for BC presenters and music companies to get personnel back to work on live-streamed and recorded productions.
- Encourage collaboration and partnerships across BC’s music ecosystem.
- Support opportunities for music tourism, education, artist and professional development.
Who Can Apply
The applicant must be a presenter/organizer of live music who fits into one of the following categories:
- Limited companies, partnerships or sole proprietorships
- Incorporated Canadian not-for-profit organizations of BC Society
- Individual applicants:
Applicants must be Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada and must have resided in BC for a period of six months or more prior to and at the time of applying.
How It Works
If your application is awarded funding, we’ll work with you to publish your show into the SoundON event lineup featured on soundon.ca. You’ll stream your event through YouTube, Twitch, Facebook or other broadcast platforms, and we’ll amplify your production through SoundON.ca, our partners, and on social media.
Your presentation may be ticketed or free to watch, with each artist receiving a guaranteed fee and all crew paid for their services. All applications will be moderated through a juried grant process.
Presenters will be expected to curate a BC-based lineup, produce and promote their event—and deliver an amazing show for audiences across the province to enjoy.