Step 3 of BC's Restart July 1 | WorkSafeBC Webinar Answers Questions
June 29, 2021
Prepare for July 1 changes with free WorkSafeBC hour-long workshop on how to move from COVID Safety Plans to implementing Communicable Disease Programs for Step 3 of BC's Restart
MOVING TO STEP 3 OF BC'S RESTART PLAN JULY 1ST, 2021
The Government of British Columbia has announced that the province will move to Step 3 of BC's Restart, and published a plan to bring us back together. In Step 3, all sectors will transition to using communicable disease prevention guidance from WorkSafeBC.
In support of this, WorkSafeBC is providing a free training session to help you and your business prepare.
Register today for this informative industry event! Participants will have an opportunity to pre-submit a question for expert advice.
DATE: July 5, 2021
TIME: 2:00 - 3:00 PM PDT
With Step 3 of the BC restart plan beginning on July 1, and the prospect of restarting more social connections and business activities, as well as the lifting of existing orders, including the need for written COVID-19 safety plans, many new questions and challenges emerge for employers as they navigate the new normal.
Safety plans might be out but it’s still important to remain vigilant about communicable diseases, including norovirus, seasonal influenza and COVID-19. Keeping informed about the overarching principles of communicable disease control and continuing to uphold and practice some of the familiar COVID-19 controls as part of your occupational health and safety program can help to prevent future illness and outbreaks. This can help to reassure your workers and guests about your ongoing commitment to their health and safety.
Join go2HR for our upcoming webinar, featuring expert panelists:
- Mark Lysyshyn, Deputy Chief Medical Health Officer at Vancouver Coastal Health
- Lisa Houle, Manager, OHS Consultation and Education Services at WorkSafeBC
Learn how to implement a robust communicable disease program for step 3 of the BC Restart and get your questions answered!
Webinar topics include:
- How to build an effective communicable disease program for step 3 of the BC Restart
- How to relax existing controls for workers and customers
- When you can (or should) enforce the wearing of masks and other controls in the workplace
- Key considerations around occupancy levels, including for events and meetings
- The practicalities of a gradual transition out of your COVID-19 safety plan and how to communicate changes to workers and customers
- The forecast: fall flu season and the potential impacts of variants of concern