This cohort is open to Canadian production companies that meet the following criteria:
- They have a lead project that is a narrative feature in advanced stages of development or pre-production
- Project must be intended for feature length with a runtime above 70 minutes
- Project should have at least 75% of funding secured and looking for partners to close the financing gap. Projects with less than 75% funding in place may still be considered under extenuating circumstances
- Lead projects must not have already pre-sold 100% of distribution rights
- Projects in any or multiple languages are eligible
The initiative will consist of three weeks of half-day sessions spread over three months, beginning January 2022. Programming will be designed to connect CCA participants with top LA producers, distributors, financiers, sales agents and other key decision-makers in Hollywood. Producers will participate in panels, networking events and one-on-one meetings, amongst other online events. Depending on the restrictions in place with COVID-19, this will be either fully virtual, or partially virtual and partially in person in LA.