The Greater Vancouver Professional Theatre Alliance and the Université du Québec en Outaouais invite you to join in June for a FREE pan-Canadian virtual conference on Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion in the Cultural Sector: The Role of Cultural Organizations.
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion in the Cultural Sector: The Role of Cultural Organizations
June 15 – 16, 2022 | 9:00 am – 5:00 pm PT | Zoom webinars
The two-day online event will bring together artists, arts practitioners, cultural workers, and researchers interested in EDI within the arts, culture, and heritage sector across Canada, to share knowledge about and actions toward improving equity, diversity, and inclusion in cultural settings.
There are 24 presentations and panels, organized under three key themes:
- Organizations: Initiatives and case studies that explore equity, diversity, and inclusion
- Communities: Understanding community context to strengthen the sector
- Governance: Strategies for rethinking equitable and impactful policies and practices
Some session highlights include:
- Cultural Sector Perspectives on the Role of Organizations in Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (Université du Québec en Outaouais)
- Approaches to Equity in Research, Evaluation and Performance Measurement (Canada Council for the Arts)
- Understanding Civic Impact Through the Lens of Indigenous Cultural Knowledge (Emily Carr University of Art + Design and Mass Culture)
- Universal Accessibility of Museums: A Balance Between Aestheticism and Human Encounter (Université du Québec à Trois-Rivières)
- The Role of Post-Secondary Institutions in Addressing EDI in the Arts
- Closing the Gap in Canada’s Live Music Industry
- Reimagining Funding
- Reshaping Theatre Inclusion
- The Brilliance and Realities in Rural and Non-Urban Communities
Further sessions will be announced shortly. All sessions will include French and English interpretation. ASL, LSQ, and captioning details will be updated on each session page of the website.