Offered as part of the Canada Arts and Culture Recovery Program (CACRP), this grant program at FACTOR aims to keep Canadian-owned music venues and concert promoters operating during this period of continued recovery for the sector.
Funding will enable live music companies and organizations to produce a diversity of Canadian music, meaningfully engage audiences, and contribute sustainably to Canada’s creative economy.
Eligible applicant organizations are those specializing in live music, and which:
- Are Canadian-owned and controlled;
- Support the career development of Canadian artists and/or offer musical programming by Canadian artists (i.e., applicants must demonstrate that they play an essential role in the development of the careers of Canadian artists);
- Have been in operation for a full year, and have presented concerts by Canadian artists before March 2020;
- Do not receive CACRP funding from other participating programs, including the Canada Arts Presentation Fund (CAPF), the Museums Assistance Program (MAP) as well as the Canada Council for the Arts (CAC) and Telefilm Canada, and;
- Pay fees and salaries to artists, technicians, and cultural workers.
Applications are now open until July 25, 2022. Read the full guidelines and eligibility criteria here.