Contractor: Motion Picture Industry & Community Affairs Coordinator
TITLE: MOTION PICTURE INDUSTRY & COMMUNITY AFFAIRS COORDINATOR
REPORTS TO: MANAGER, MOTION PICTURE INDUSTRY & COMMUNITY AFFAIRS
About Creative BC
Creative BC is an independent, not-for-profit agency created by the Province of British Columbia to strengthen and
promote BC’s creative sector which includes its film, television, digital and interactive media, music and magazine and book publishing industries. The agency’s programs, services and investments act as a catalyst to help these sectors realize their economic and creative potential and thereby contribute to the future prosperity of our province. Creative BC’s mandate is to provide the programs, services and expertise needed to expand and diversify British Columbia’s creative
industries, stimulate inward investment and employment in the creative sectors and promote BC’s creative content and production capabilities both at home and in the global marketplace.
Creative BC is excited to announce an opportunity for a contractor position of Motion Picture Industry & Community Affairs Coordinator.
Reporting to the Manager, Motion Picture Industry & Community Affairs, the Community Affairs Coordinator assists in the areas of industry and community engagement. This role has a broad range of responsibilities including organization of meetings with various stakeholders, tracking of project management details, responding to general inquiries and assisting with community engagement issues with support from the Motion Picture Industry + Community Affairs consultants. The Community Affairs Coordinator interacts with staff, film industry professionals and members of the public.
The Production Services Coordinator is responsible for:
- Maintaining data integrity by compiling and assessing production data from a variety of sources including the Directors Guild of Canada (DGCBC) & Union of BC Performers (UBCP) production lists; adding data to the Salesforce database and maintaining the “In Production” listing on Creative BC’s website
- Acting as the first responder to community engagement inquiries/complaints; referring issues to the Community Affairs Manager
- Tracking community engagement issues related to filming in the database
- Following up with productions to acquire materials such as crew and location lists or to arrange set visits as required
- Participating in the preparation of reports when required by management to demonstrate work in progress and completed
- Assisting with the coordination and logistics of film industry forums and events
- Providing administrative support, as requested
Experience and Skills
The individual that Creative BC is seeking for this position is client service focused, detail oriented and enjoys multi- tasking and who has the following education and experience:
- On-set or production office experience in production, locations, or similar job position (preferably 2-3 yrs.)
- Good knowledge of the film industry (Independents/Commercial/TV Series/Features)
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Competence with MS Windows (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Knowledge of and experience with information systems and databases
- Excellent judgement, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to develop and maintain client relationships
- Confidence in managing multiple priorities in a deadline-based environment
How to Apply
We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity at Creative BC. Regrettably we can’t respond to all applications so only candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.