Creative Industry News
- December 11, 2015Every year BC film and television productions compete to raise the biggest donation for Reel Thanksgiving Challenge. This year, they raised over $87,000.
- December 7, 2015The 15th anniversary celebration of the Whistler Film Festival was a huge success, living up to its title as 'Canada's coolest film fest' by hosting more premieres, filmmakers, industry executives and celebrities than ever before.
Total attendance for this year's festival was 13,233 attendees, an 18% increase over 2014.
- December 1, 2015Leo Award-winning host and producer Steve Sxwithul’txw (Warrior Games) heads into production for a new documentary series, Tribal Police Files, to be aired exclusively on Aboriginal Peoples Television Network (APTN). The 13 half-hour episodes will take us into the heart-stopping and often challenging world of tribal police officers in Lillooet, BC.
- November 20, 2015Montréal, November 18, 2015 – The Youth Media Alliance (YMA) unveils a Digital Toolkit to answer ethical and legal questions that producers of digital content for young people may have.
- November 19, 2015Build your business and be inspired at the first #BCTECH Summit taking place at the Vancouver Convention Centre from January 18-19, 2016. Special discount rate is available for Creative BC clients.