Creative Industry News
- December 15, 2016The Province of British Columbia and Creative BC announce three new programs for Live Music, Research, and Industry Initiatives.
- December 14, 2016The recent Pacific Northwest Booksellers Association (PNBA) trade show in Tacoma, US, saw the largest turnout of B.C. publishers ever – thanks in part to grants from the Western Canada Diversification Fund (administered by Creative BC). Orca Book Publishers of B.C. attended and we catch up with Marketing Coordinator, Jen Cameron, to learn more about the company, their experiences at the PNBA trade show and Jen’s Top 5 Picks for Christmas giving.
- December 13, 2016Want to screen your work at the Vancouver Queer Film Festival next year? The Vancouver Queer Film Festival invites filmmakers to submit short or feature-length film or video for consideration.
- December 13, 20167 Vancouver shows nominated: TELEGRAPH COVE (Mystery) tops the list with nominations for 7 awards, followed by INVANCITY (Documentary) nominated for 5 awards.
- December 7, 2016Five of BC’s brightest emerging directors competed on stage before a jury of industry professionals for the sought after the MPPIA Short Film Award.