- October 19, 2021On Sunday, Oct. 24, 2021, full vaccination for everyone born in 2009 or earlier (12+) and presentation of your BC Vaccine Card will be required to access certain events, services and businesses.
On Monday, Oct. 25, more people will be able to come together at organized gatherings and events in parts of the province where vaccination rates are high. The provincial health officer order restricting capacity limits to 50% for inside organized events and gatherings will be revised to allow 100% capacity in those settings where the BC Vaccine Card is in place and proof of vaccination status is checked.
- October 18, 2021Under FIBC (Film Incentive BC), productions that are not treaty or interprovincial co-productions need meet minimum 75% BC requirements. Documentaries have different rules!
- October 18, 2021Route 97 Culture announces the success of their initiative to establish new and unique live music venues and promoter relationships across the BC interior. The goal of this initiative was to forge alliances with commercial partners (wineries, breweries, organic farms), academic institutions (colleges and universities), Indigenous organizations, tourism partners, arts councils and other pre-existing venue partners – in order to bring young emerging and established artists to the region.
- October 15, 2021Telefilm Canada, in partnership with the International Film Festival Rotterdam (“IFFR”), is offering four emerging Canadian producers the opportunity to attend the Rotterdam Lab, organized by IFFR Pro & CineMart as part of the festival 2022.
- October 15, 2021SPARK recently spoke with Muunuu about growing up in Mongolia, how online learning is changing education, and her work as Conference Chair for SIGGRAPH 2022, which will be hosted in Vancouver for the 4th time.