- March 19, 2021March 21, 2021 | International Day for the Elimination of Racial Discrimination aims to foster a global culture of tolerance, equality and anti-discrimination. This year’s theme is “youth standing up against racism”, reflecting how the youth populations showed up and supported marches, in-person and virtual protest as they mobilized participation, empowered each other to engage, and held each other accountable.
- March 10, 2021The B.C. government is extending a crucial support for the book publishing industry to the end of March 2026.
- March 8, 2021Publishers and literary agents can now register for the 73rd Frankfurt Book Fair (October 20-24, 2021). The motto of the Fair is "re: connect". It is planned as a face-to-face event with additional digital formats on offer that can be flexibly adapted to the development of the pandemic. The focus is on international rights trading and high-reach offers for the public. Registration deadline is May 31, 2021.
- March 6, 2021The Literary Publishing Projects component of Supporting Artistic Practice funds Canadian publishers of literary books and magazines committed to developing and promoting Canadian literary writers through the publishing process. Grants support the publication of literary books and magazines authored by Canadian writers.
- November 12, 2020A key change in the commercial rent subsidy is that tenants can apply for the aid directly, without the need for their landlord’s support, as was required under the former Canada Emergency Commercial Rent Assistance.