- October 19, 2021On Sunday, Oct. 24, 2021, full vaccination for everyone born in 2009 or earlier (12+) and presentation of your BC Vaccine Card will be required to access certain events, services and businesses.
On Monday, Oct. 25, more people will be able to come together at organized gatherings and events in parts of the province where vaccination rates are high. The provincial health officer order restricting capacity limits to 50% for inside organized events and gatherings will be revised to allow 100% capacity in those settings where the BC Vaccine Card is in place and proof of vaccination status is checked.
- June 16, 2021In partnership with the National Network for Equitable Library Service (NNELS), the Association of Book Publishers of BC (ABPBC) has launched a collection of accessible BC-published ebooks that is available to all library patrons of BC library systems that are members of the BC Libraries Cooperative.
- June 16, 2021Don Gorman, Publisher, Rocky Mountain Books has compiled a map is Indigenous, First Nations, Inuit, and Métis booksellers and publishers in North America.
- June 16, 2021To celebrate Pride Month, Read Local BC has compiled a list of LGBTQ2+ friendly books from B.C. publishers and authors, curated for all ages & interests.
- March 19, 2021March 21, 2021 | International Day for the Elimination of Racial Discrimination aims to foster a global culture of tolerance, equality and anti-discrimination. This year’s theme is “youth standing up against racism”, reflecting how the youth populations showed up and supported marches, in-person and virtual protest as they mobilized participation, empowered each other to engage, and held each other accountable.