- January 4, 2022Call for Entries to the 45th annual National Magazine Awards is open. This year, there are 28 categories and nine additional cross-program categories Canadian content creators and magazines can submit their original work to, for the chance to be recognized by Canada’s most prestigious media awards organization. The 2022 NMAs will also feature two special awards: Magazine Grand Prix and the Foundation Award for Outstanding Achievement.
- October 19, 2021On Sunday, Oct. 24, 2021, full vaccination for everyone born in 2009 or earlier (12+) and presentation of your BC Vaccine Card will be required to access certain events, services and businesses.
On Monday, Oct. 25, more people will be able to come together at organized gatherings and events in parts of the province where vaccination rates are high. The provincial health officer order restricting capacity limits to 50% for inside organized events and gatherings will be revised to allow 100% capacity in those settings where the BC Vaccine Card is in place and proof of vaccination status is checked.
- March 19, 2021March 21, 2021 | International Day for the Elimination of Racial Discrimination aims to foster a global culture of tolerance, equality and anti-discrimination. This year’s theme is “youth standing up against racism”, reflecting how the youth populations showed up and supported marches, in-person and virtual protest as they mobilized participation, empowered each other to engage, and held each other accountable.
- March 6, 2021The Literary Publishing Projects component of Supporting Artistic Practice funds Canadian publishers of literary books and magazines committed to developing and promoting Canadian literary writers through the publishing process. Grants support the publication of literary books and magazines authored by Canadian writers.
- February 16, 2021The Magazine Association of BC would like to support its membership and the magazine industry across Canada to be more diverse, inclusive and equitable.