- July 22, 2021Government announces Sector Labour Market Partnership and WarnerMedia Access Canada funding for MPPIA/Creative BC project
- July 21, 2021The VIFF AMP Talent Accelerator is a professional development program dedicated to providing emerging musicians, composers, managers, and aspiring music supervisors free, low-barrier access to the VIFF AMP Music in Film Summit, plus exclusive mentorship and networking sessions for creators from underrepresented communities who are looking to explore or expand their career into music and film.
- July 20, 2021Toronto – WarnerMedia Access Canada announced today that the successful WarnerMedia program, Access to Action (ATA), will expand globally with a Summer 2021 launch in Canada. Access to Action Canada (ATA Canada) will launch in British Columbia this July with plans to expand to other regions in the coming months. The program will provide individuals who haven’t traditionally had pathways into the entertainment industry with access to below-the-line job opportunities on WarnerMedia productions across the province. In the U.S., the ATA program has placed over 400 participants on WarnerMedia productions, including Insecure, Lucifer, Watchmen, and In the Heights.
- July 20, 2021The Nelson Civic Theatre and Kootenay Rockies Tourism are pleased to announce John Wittmayer as the new film commissioner for the Kootenay film region.
- July 20, 2021SOUNDOFF is an opportunity for a selection of British Columbia’s artists and musicians to get their music heard by international music supervisors.