- June 7, 2016VANCOUVER—This weekend in Vancouver, producers, actors, crew members, and industry stakeholders gathered to celebrate the best in British Columbian film and television at the Leo Awards.
- May 25, 2016The analysis by Canada’s MNP LLP examines Season 10 of production to assess the economic impact of the production over all the seasons, finding that it supported 9,615 full-time equivalent jobs (FTEs) and was responsible for $509.2 million in direct production expenditure in British Columbia.
- May 5, 2016It would be inadequate, albeit truthful, to state that BC's film and television industry is enjoying a remarkable period of prosperity: it's a true driver of the province's economy, with features such as "Deadpool" breaking box office records and a plethora of internationally successful series calling Metro Vancouver their production home.
- May 2, 2016Victoria, BC - Consultations with the BC film and television industry have led to proposed adjustments to the province's film tax credit rates that provide certainty to the film industry while keeping the subsidy affordable for taxpayers, Finance Minister Michael de Jong announced today.
- March 10, 2016Congratulations to the following BC winners at the 2016 Canadian Screen Awards!