- March 8, 2021Publishers and literary agents can now register for the 73rd Frankfurt Book Fair (October 20-24, 2021). The motto of the Fair is "re: connect". It is planned as a face-to-face event with additional digital formats on offer that can be flexibly adapted to the development of the pandemic. The focus is on international rights trading and high-reach offers for the public. Registration deadline is May 31, 2021.
- November 5, 202015 B.C. book publishing companies to be supported through the Market Expansion Fund
- September 3, 2020Frankfurter Buchmesse is the world’s leading venue for printed and digital content. Here is where publishing experts meet up with partners from the technology and creative industries such as film and games – to exchange ideas, be inspired, try out new technologies and cultivate contacts.
- August 7, 2020Apply now for the Market Expansion Fund supporting BC book publishers is now open for applications
- December 14, 2016The recent Pacific Northwest Booksellers Association (PNBA) trade show in Tacoma, US, saw the largest turnout of B.C. publishers ever – thanks in part to grants from the Western Canada Diversification Fund (administered by Creative BC). Orca Book Publishers of B.C. attended and we catch up with Marketing Coordinator, Jen Cameron, to learn more about the company, their experiences at the PNBA trade show and Jen’s Top 5 Picks for Christmas giving.