Vancouver Latin American Film Festival | Work in Progress: Afro Indigenous Voices
December 7, 2020
December 9, 2020
Join VLAFF for an exciting 2-day forum featuring five films by Afro-descendants, Indigenous, Latinx, and Caribbean creators in a jury competition comprised of Diana Sánchez, Director, Film at Toronto International Film Festival and Chilean-Canadian documentary filmmaker and producer Carmen Henríquez; and Colombian director and producer, Jhonny Hendrix Hinestroza.
The Selection Committee of Luna Marán, Heitor Augusto, and Gerardo Berrocal have selected five finalists who are Afro-descendants and/or Indigenous directors, producers and/or screenwriters from the Latin American region and the Caribbean; and, two projects by Latinx creators in collaboration with these communities with feature films that are in post-production stage.
The selected films are:
- Junkolal Dir: Diego Amando Moreno Garza, Fabiola Manyari Laura López Bracamonte, (Guatemala/México)
- My Non Place (Mi no lugar) Dir. Isis Alejandra Ahumada Monroy (México)
- Mom (Mamá) Dir. Juan Antonio Méndez Rodríguez (México)
- Bongó Itá (One Voice) Dir: Mayckell Pedrero (Cuba)
- Seven Edges (Xiica Cmotomanoj) Dir: Antonio Coello (México)
On December 9, the Jury of the forum will select the winner to be awarded a budget for the post-production of their film.
Posted In:Motion Picture