Accomplished screenwriters and industry professionals work with our interns, providing their professional insight into developing the skills required to professionally analyze screenplays.
The training program includes:
1. Participation in the Praxis Summer Workshop (June 2014) – three days of script readings and discussions, followed by private sessions between Praxis advisors and their writers. The interns attend meetings with producers and other professionals who advise the writers on creative and practical issues.
2. Placement with a reputable production company in each intern’s region for a two or three week paid development position at a time convenient to both intern and production company. Previous placements were sponsored by Anagram Pictures, Brightlight Pictures, Strada Films, Infinity Pictures, and Triptych Media.
Please note that there is one bursary to cover travel expenses for a successful applicant from outside Vancouver. Signify on your application if you wish to apply for this bursary.
All applicants must be Canadian citizens or landed immigrants. Applications must include:
• a letter describing your experience, intent, and how you expect to benefit from the internship
• a brief resumé
• the names and contact information of three references
• two samples of script analyses that you've written for feature film scripts or series television (unproduced screenplays strongly preferred)
Deadline: April 18, 2014 (postmark date or by midnight PST)
Email applications to (by midnight on the deadline date): firstname.lastname@example.org
Please combine all application materials into a single PDF and include "Praxis 2014 Story Editor Internship" in the subject line.
Mail applications to: Praxis Centre for Screenwriters Suite 3365-149 W. Hastings St. Vancouver, BC V6B 1H4
Sponsored by Astral's Harold Greenberg Fund