Thanks to funding from Creative BC and FACTOR, Music BC is able to provide an export trade mission focused on film and TV licensing for export ready BC artists and companies. The initiative will include showcase and networking opportunities for participating bands and companies.
Dates: Wednesday June 4th - Saturday June 7th 2014
Location: Los Angeles, CA USA
The initiative will include a lunchtime performance at Hotel Cafe, an in-studio acoustic performance at NBC Universal, as well as other networking and performance opportunities as confirmed.
3 bands and 5 company representatives will be selected. Bands and companies must meet the following criteria to be eligible for the program.
- Must be a member in good standing of Music BC
- Must meet the following export ready criteria as defined by FACTOR
- At least one Qualifying Release in Canada in the past 24 months or an upcoming release;
- At least one Qualifying Release that is distributed internationally;
- Completed at least one Canadian tour in the past 24 months, or has an upcoming international tour or international showcase bookings;
- An established team including a least two of the following: artist manager, record label, booking agent, publicist;
- Public and industry recognition (via radio play, video play, web hits and streams, music press, blogs, awards, etc.)
- Must already possess or be able to obtain necessary P2 Visas for performing in the United States in time to participate in the initiative
- Company must be registered BC businesses whose majority ownership must be held by BC residents
- Company must represent a minimum of 2 BC artists that meet the above-mentioned export ready qualifications
- Company may submit their artists to be considered to be a showcasing artist, however not every company will be able to bring an artist
- Each company may submit one representative to participate in the initiative
Due to the specific criteria required of the participating companies and artists, interested parties should email Music BC to confirm their eligibility. Please email no later than Friday April 11th with your interested company and/or artist information. Only applicants who met the above mentioned criteria should inquire.
Music BC acknowledges the financial support of Province of BC through Creative BC, and the Government of Canada through the Department of Canadian Heritage (Canada Music Fund) and of Canada's Private Radio Broadcasters.