In Vancouver, there is a newly emergent film culture, comprised of filmmakers who combine elements drawn from a broad spectrum of different cultural forms — everything from contemporary art practice to VJ performance — to make work that is not confined to any one definition of the genre.
The following Panels are on offer:
- Distribution, On-Demand, And Discoverability,
- Reality Virtually, 11:30-1:00pm
- Documentary & Performance, 1:30-3:00pm
- Master Class: Cinema Languages: Words, Body, Interiority, 3:30-4:30pm
- Industry Reception, 4:30-6:00pm
There are two very special evening screenings at the David Mowafaghian Cinema at SFU Goldcorp Centre for the Arts with Charles Wilkinson’s Vancouver: No Fixed Address and Alice Diop’s César-winning film Vers la tendresse (Towards Tenderness).
6:30PM | FILM SCREENING + EXTENDED PANEL DISCUSSION Vancouver: No Fixed Address (screening with Drunken Laundry Day with Charles Bukowski)
9:15PM–10:30PM | FILM SCREENING Vers la tendresse (Towards Tenderness) (screening with Les Clöys)
Creative BC is proud to support DOXA's Industry Day