Trailer Workshop & Insider Tips Masterclass - OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
Get inspired by some of the best examples of trailers that have worked or not worked in the international marketplace, and gain insider tips on how to make your next one-on-one meeting or market experience more successful. As part of this session, a representative from Creative BC will also provide a brief presentation on opportunities available through their Passport to Markets Program.
Saturday, December 16th, 2017, 3:00 - 5:00 PM
Wine and Cheese Reception 5:00 - 6:00 PM
The Post at 750 (110-750 Hamilton Street)
General Admission $30, DOC BC and CMPA-BC members FREE
Click here to register
One-on-One with Catherine Olsen - FOR UP TO 8 PRE-SELECTED PROJECTS
1) 50-min One-one-One Session (Thursday, December 14) with International Documentary Consultant Catherine Olsen, which will include feedback for both your trailer and your treatment. For 20+ years Catherine Olsen was the Commissioning Editor & Executive Producer of CBC's The Passionate Eye, and now she travels the world offering workshops, moderating pitching sessions, and mentoring filmmakers.
2) Half-day Group Pitching Workshop for the same 8 selected projects (Saturday, December 16, 9am - 1:30 pm). Be prepared to pitch your project & trailer in a maximum of 7 minutes to a small group of peers, and fine tune and improve it with the help of Catherine Olsen. These presentation skills and feedback will be invaluable whether you're pitching publicly or in one-on-one meetings.
Short synopsis and cutline
1 page treatment
Trailer (max, 4 minutes. Recommended length 2-3 min)
50-min One-one-One Session - Thursday, December 14, meeting time assigned after selection
Half-day Group Pitching Workshop - Saturday, December 16, 9:00am - 1:30 pm
DOC and CMPA-BC Members $75 ($100 for a team of 2)
Non-Members $160 ($200 for a team of 2)
Become a DOC member today!
The fee includes a One-on-One session (Dec 14), Group Pitching Workshop (Dec 16, 9:00am-1:30pm) and admission to the Trailer & Insider Tips Masterclass (Dec 16, 3:00-5:00pm).
Up to 8 projects will be selected to participate in the One-On-One Meetings and Group Pitching Workshop.
Teams of two participants are preferred for the One-on-One and Group Pitching Workshop (preferably producer and director).
- One-on-One Meetings will run from 9:00am-6:30pm on Thursday, December 14th.
- Deadline for submissions is November 24th, 2017. Successful applicants will be notified on November 27th, 2017. Further information may be required for selected projects.
- Questions? Please email .