February 28 to March 2, 2019
The Magazines West Conference, or MagsWest, is British Columbia's only conference for magazine professionals and students.
Journalists, bloggers, communications staff, marketers, designers and others may also find sessions of interest at our event.
MagsWest is organized by the Magazine Association of BC in consultation with its members and the local publishing industry.
This year, MagsWest runs from Thursday night, February 28 to all-day Saturday, March 2. For details on our speakers and sessions, please visit their website.
Save by registering by February 17. Pre-registration ends February 25. Members of affiliate organizations and students may all register at the member/student rate. See below the schedule for the list of affiliates.
Affiliated organizations include:
- Magazines Canada
- Alberta Magazine Publishers Association (AMPA)
- Canadian Society of Magazine Editors (CSME)
- Editors' Association of Canada (EAC)
- Federation of BC Writers
- Graphic Designers of Canada (GDC)
- Professional Writers Association of Canada (PWAC)
- Writers Union of Canada
- Association of Book Publishers of BC (ABPBC)
- CMPA - BC Producers Branch
- Motion Picture Production Industry Association of BC (MPPIA), and
- Music BC
MagsBC supports reducing barriers to the disadvantaged. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible if you would like to attend our conference or other programming but cannot because of financial hardship or disability.
To register for this event visit their event page here