Step 8 - Preparing for the Shoot
A few simple considerations will make the production experience easier for all:
- Residents, businesses and others who may be impacted by the shoot and any related disruptions should be communicated to in writing within 2 - 5 days in advance.
- Detailed photographic representation of the current state of a location should be documented to ensure the property can be restored to its original state after filming is completed.
- Those directly impacted by production activities should be contacted to address any concerns. The location manager should speak directly to neighbours next door and across the street.
- The location manager must ensure that all relevant permits and permissions are in place.
- The location manager must ensure that all parking, unit base camp, access, staging, toilet, security, power, recycling and waste removal requirements have been met.