Explosives + Authority Having Jurisdiction
The Authority Having Jurisdiction (AHJ)
- Locations and dates for filming of effects
- Effects to be used and their fabrication
- Anticipated result
- Safety measures to be taken
Copies of Event Approval and Pyro Effects Plan/ Letter of Intent must be available on set.
Authorities Having Jurisdiction (AHJ)
- Fire Chief/Fire Protection Office
- Police Forces
- Designated representatives for event approval or site inspections
Demonstrations (Show and Tell)
A demonstration may be required to determine if the effect can be performed safely. It is understood that this is not always feasible in film and television production, due to the one-off nature of many performances.
If you are based outside of Canada, and you are participating in the production of a pyrotechnic special effects event in Canada, you must:
For information on the certification of pyrotechnics and pyrotechnical personnel, please refer to the website: