Code of Conduct
Every member of the production has a responsibility as ambassadors of the film industry to maintain the privilege of shooting on location in this Province. It is important to remember that you are not only representing yourself, but also all film crews that come before and after.
- Producers, cast and crew will follow the provisions of their motion picture production permit, a copy of which must be on location at all times.
- Filming only takes place during the times listed on the permit unless extensions are granted.
- Pedestrians should always be treated with courtesy and not be obstructed at any time unless stipulated in the permit.
- All cables and similar items are to be channeled neatly and safely.
- Producers must notify the public in writing whenever production activities may directly affect or disrupt their daily lives. The notice must include the name of the company, working title of the project, production type (e.g. feature, MOW, TV series) and a brief description of the activity. It also must include a clear account of the date and time of disruption.
- All catering, construction, strike and personal trash must be removed from the location.
- Locations must be left in original condition.
- Removing or cutting signs or plants from any public or private location is not allowed.
- Production vehicles must not arrive before the time stipulated on the permit, should arrive one at a time, and should turn their engines off as soon as possible.
- Cast and crew vehicles are not covered by the location-filming permit and must use designated parking areas only.
- Production vehicles shall not block driveways or gated access without permission.
- Vehicles shall not display signs, posters or pictures that the public may find offensive or objectionable (i.e. material containing vulgar language or sexual content).
- Crew cannot move a private vehicle to accommodate filming or parking, without permission of the owner. If a vehicle is parked in a restricted area, the appropriate authority will remove it.
- Crew must drive safely and legally, complying with all applicable traffic laws and regulations. Treat the neighbourhood as if it were your own.
CAST AND CREW
- Cannot trespass on private property. They must remain within the boundaries of the property that has been permitted for filming.
- No alcohol is permitted at any time on any set or location.
- Must be served their meals, and eat, in the designated areas.
- All trash from meals must be disposed of properly upon completion of the meal. All napkins, plates, coffee cups used in the course of the work day shall be disposed of in the proper receptacle.
- Production should restrict smoking to designated areas only, considering special circumstances specific to the neighbourhood. Cigarette butts must be disposed of in the appropriate containers.
- Shall keep noise as low as possible at all times and refrain from using lewd or improper language.
- Shall wear appropriate clothing – for example, T-shirts with offensive slogans are not acceptable – and comply with appropriate employee safety regulations.
- Will wear a production pass, as required.
- Will not bring guests or pets to the location, without advance permission.
- Be polite, considerate, responsible and professional
Thank you for honouring this Code of Conduct.