- December 10, 2019Reel Green will be raising funds from the British Columbia motion picture industry during the month of April 2020 to fund an identified environmental legacy project. Reel Green, an industry collaboration housed at Creative BC is seeking to partner with a Canadian organization that can execute a BC-based legacy project to sequester carbon, provide and/or enhance ecosystem services, and benefit the local community.
- October 7, 2019On Thursday, September 19th, industry members from throughout the lower mainland gathered at Creative BC for the fully packed bi-monthly Reel Green meeting. This month the meeting focused on the locations department—over the course of three presentations, the group brainstormed and discussed how to make integrating sustainable practices on location easier and more effective.
- September 9, 2019The production of the second season of AMC’s horror drama series donated the entire Japanese-American internment camp set for reuse.
- August 15, 2019Cindy Leaney, Faculty in the British Columbia Institute of Technology's Broadcast & Media Communications Department, has been attending the Reel Green Higher Education Roundtable Meetings and integrating sustainable production into her classes and beyond.
- August 12, 2019Zero is a dark comedy about a zero waste serial killer. From the very story concept to the last detail of production, Zero took sustainable filmmaking to another level by approaching every decision through a sustainability lens.