- February 20, 2020Manitoba Film & Music is proud to announce that it is introducing Reel Green™ to promote and help
implement best practices for film productions to reduce their environmental impacts.
- February 19, 2020The Reel Green Advisory Committee has selected the Pacific Parklands Foundation, a BC-based organization that supports Metro Vancouver Regional Parks, to partner for the Reel Green Legacy Project fundraising campaign.
- January 15, 2020The use of industry specific power tie-ins at Vancouver Art Gallery in 2019 has been a great success. To reduce fuel consumption, productions will need to tie-in more.
- December 10, 2019Reel Green will be raising funds from the British Columbia motion picture industry during the month of April 2020 to fund an identified environmental legacy project. Reel Green, an industry collaboration housed at Creative BC is seeking to partner with a Canadian organization that can execute a BC-based legacy project to sequester carbon, provide and/or enhance ecosystem services, and benefit the local community.
- October 7, 2019On Thursday, September 19th, industry members from throughout the lower mainland gathered at Creative BC for the fully packed bi-monthly Reel Green meeting. This month the meeting focused on the locations department—over the course of three presentations, the group brainstormed and discussed how to make integrating sustainable practices on location easier and more effective.