- January 15, 2020The use of industry specific power tie-ins at Vancouver Art Gallery in 2019 has been a great success. To reduce fuel consumption, productions will need to tie-in more.
- December 10, 2019Reel Green will be raising funds from the British Columbia motion picture industry during the month of April 2020 to fund an identified environmental legacy project. Reel Green, an industry collaboration housed at Creative BC is seeking to partner with a Canadian organization that can execute a BC-based legacy project to sequester carbon, provide and/or enhance ecosystem services, and benefit the local community.
- October 7, 2019On Thursday, September 19th, industry members from throughout the lower mainland gathered at Creative BC for the fully packed bi-monthly Reel Green meeting. This month the meeting focused on the locations department—over the course of three presentations, the group brainstormed and discussed how to make integrating sustainable practices on location easier and more effective.
- September 9, 2019The production of the second season of AMC’s horror drama series donated the entire Japanese-American internment camp set for reuse.
- August 15, 2019Cindy Leaney, Faculty in the British Columbia Institute of Technology's Broadcast & Media Communications Department, has been attending the Reel Green Higher Education Roundtable Meetings and integrating sustainable production into her classes and beyond.