SIGN-UP FOR GRANT COACHING SESSIONS
One-hour grant coaching sessions are available for new and previously unsuccessful applicants from underrepresented groups and regions of BC. Grant coaches can provide feedback on your applications for Amplify BC programs.
This includes artists and companies from and serving the following groups:
- Indigenous peoples
- Black community
- People of Colour
- Deaf and Disability community, and those who live with chronic illness or are neurodiverse
- LGBTQ2IA+ and gender diverse
This also includes people from underrepresented regions of BC:
- North Coast
- Thompson / Okanagan
- Vancouver Island and Coast (excluding the Capital Regional District / City of Victoria)
1. Sign up for grant coaching session by choosing a coach below.
2. Read the guidelines and start writing your grant application before your appointment, and come with specific questions. Share your saved application link or application materials with your grant coach, to receive feedback on your draft.
3. You are limited to ONE grant coaching session. Please do not sign up for multiple sessions with multiple coaches.
MEET OUR MUSIC INDUSTRY INITIATIVES GRANT COACHES
Deb Beaton-Smith founded Beat Music Management 17 years ago to provide management and leadership in the music industry. She is experienced with large and small scale events, conferences, award ceremonies, artist services and venue support. Her experience includes: current acting Executive Director BC Music Festival Collective; Creator & Project Manager BC Music Festival Economic and Socio-Cultural Survey; Director Rifflandia Gathering Music Conference; Sr. Project Manager Victoria's Canada 150; Director Artist Relations, Grants & Development for Rifflandia Festival; Host Chair and Co-Producer BreakOut West/Western Canadian Music Awards 2015. Deb is experienced in both grant writing and adjudication for multiple music organizations including: Creative BC, Music BC, FACTOR, JUNO Awards, MusiCounts, Canadian Folk Music Awards, and the Western Canadian Music Awards.
Programs Supported: Live Music, Music Industry Initiatives