General Questions

Are non-BC resident individuals or companies eligible for Creative BC programs?

Creative BC funding programs require that the applicant is a resident of British Columbia, and/or that the applicant company is BC owned and controlled. However, as a Canadian or international producer, you can partner with BC resident filmmakers in an international treaty or inter-provincial co-production, and access Creative BC funding. These projects are also eligible for the domestic tax incentive, Film Incentive BC (FIBC).

Please contact our office with any questions regarding eligibility and co-production. Companies interested in shooting their project in British Columbia may be able to access the Production Services Tax Credit (PSTC), which is a labour based tax incentive that offers refundable tax credits based on eligible BC labour costs. More information on the PSTC can be found in the "Tax Credits" section of the website.

Does Creative BC offer production or completion financing?

At this time, Creative BC does not provide production or completion financing. The Society offers development, marketing, and professional skills development programs. Follow the program tabs along the side for further information about each of our programs.