Industry Initiatives Details
WHAT IS THE INDUSTRY INITIATIVES PROGRAM?
Creative BC is an economic development agency. We provide professional expertise and business support to strengthen BC's motion picture, interactive digital, music and publishing sectors. The Industry Initiatives Program provides funding to a wide range of domestic events and initiatives that aim to engage British Columbia’s creative industries sector.
For music related festivals, events, research projects or initiatives, please visit Amplify BC.
Eligible initiatives and events include, but are not limited to, forums, workshops, conferences, and economic research with a business development component.
Ineligible events and initiatives normally include:
- Events in their inaugural year;
- Film Festival Screenings;
- Ceremonies, Award Shows, Luncheons, Receptions, Mixers or Networking Events , Galas and Parties;
- The development or production of creative content or projects;
- Funding for individual professional development or academic pursuits; and
- Capital purchases or operating costs not specific to a program, including utilities, corporate overhead or salaries.
Processing time for submissions is approximately 8-10 weeks. Please apply at least 12 weeks prior to your event date.
2019/20 GUIDELINES AND ONLINE APPLICATION
For events taking place between April 1st, 2019 and March 31st, 2020 please read the 2019/20 GUIDELINES.
If you have received funding from Creative BC through the Industry Initiatives Program within the past two years, please apply here
If this is your first time applying to the Creative BC Industry Initiatives Program, please email with a one-page summary of our event or initiative. Please include the level of support you are asking for, a list of current sponsors, and the potential business development opportunities (i.e. workshops, panels, speakers, etc.) This brief overview will help us assess applicant eligibility. Please do not send an EPK or deck at this time.
Erika Kumar | Business Analyst