Respectful Workplace Overview
WHAT IS THE RESPECTFUL WORKPLACE, DIVERSITY AND GENDER PARITY FUND?
On June 15, 2018, the Ministry of Tourism, Arts and Culture, announced a grant program to address diversity, gender parity and anti-harassment in the creative industries. The Respectful Workplace, Diversity and Gender Parity Fund (RWF) is intended to support training initiatives and projects that create and maintain fair, inclusive and safe work environments.
WHAT IS A RESPECTFUL WORKPLACE?
Respectful workplaces display integrity and professionalism, practice fairness and understanding, demonstrate respect for individual rights and differences and encourages accountability for one's actions. Respectful workplaces are free of discrimination based on sexual orientation, gender identity, physical characteristics, mental ability or ancestry.
Eligible applicants are industry associations, not-for-profit organizations or unions in one of the following creative industries:
- Motion picture;
- Music and sound recording;
- Interactive and digital media; and
- Book and magazine publishing.
All associations must be BC based, non-profit organizations must be incorporated under the Society Act, and unions must have a head office in BC, or a head office in Canada with a chapter in BC.
- Designing best practices for a respectful workplace;
- Gap analysis of current anti-harassment policies;
- Sensitivity training for staff, board and or members;
- Research and development of diversity strategies; and
- Creating educational materials that develop skills and foster inclusivity.
For additional information please contact Creative BC.
Tel: +1 604 736 7997