Domestic Industry Initiatives
Discover industry contacts, program recipients, productions shooting and more.
New Dawn 2023 Call for Entries
New Dawn is an international film production fund aimed to support a larger diversity of voices and perspectives. A combined effort by 10 European and Canadian public film funds, New Dawn was launched in May 2022 at the Cannes Festival. The first selection was...
Cannes Indigenous Co-Production Forum – Call for Participants
The Indigenous Screen Office is hosting an Indigenous co-production forum at the Festival de Cannes, May 16 to 27, 2023. Experienced producers may apply to participate in-person at the forum on May 18, 2023, an opportunity designed to connect and explore future...
Martini Film Studios uses 100% Renewable Natural Gas
Earlier last year, Martini Film Studios announced its entire studio moving to operating entirely on Renewable Natural Gas (RNG). The Langley-based studio is the first film studio in British Columbia to sign up for this carbon-neutral energy innovation supported by...
The Domestic Industry Initiatives Program provides funding to a wide range of domestic events and initiatives that aim to engage British Columbia creative industries sector. For music related festivals, events, research projects or initiatives, please visit Amplify BC.
Creative BC acknowledges the unprecedented challenges applicants may be facing due to the global impact of COVID-19. We are committed to working with industry on solutions that will allow applicants to execute their initiatives and events, or a version thereof.
The Domestic Industry Initiatives Program is now closed for FY 22/23. We received over sixty Expressions of Interest and the vast majority of those submissions have been invited to submit full applications. If you have any questions regarding the Program, about applying in future years or concerns about submitting your Final Report, please contact us.
In order to be eligible, applicants must be:
- Incorporated under British Columbias Society Act; or
- A British Columbia based not-for-profit organization (with its head office in BC);
- Governed by a Board of Directors (where applicable);
- Engaged in the production of programs and initiatives consistent with Creative BCs objective of developing the provinces creative industries; and
- An organization whose principals, directors and officers are in good standing with Creative BC.
Eligible initiatives and events include, but are not limited to, in-person or online forums, panels, workshops and conferences and economic research.
Ineligible events and initiatives normally include:
- Events (i.e. festivals) in their inaugural year;
- Events or initiatives for youth that are not directly associated with the motion pictures interactive digital media or publishing sectors;
- Live performance, (theatre, music, dance);
- Film Festival Screenings;
- Ceremonies, Award Shows, Luncheons, Receptions, Networking Events, Galas and Parties;
- The development or production of creative content or projects (i.e. films, web series, PSAs, commercials, episodic television, educational videos, this includes the creation of any Covid-19 related content.);
- Funding for individual professional development or academic pursuits;
- Travel support for groups or individuals; and
- Capital purchases (i.e. property, equipment, vehicles, etc.)
Applicants must initially submit a completed online Expression of Interest form, to be followed by the submission of a full application form (which will be emailed to applicants) together with the required support documentation. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Please apply well in advance of the proposed initiative or event. Processing time for submissions is approximately 4-6 weeks. It is anticipated that the total request for funding will greatly exceed the funding available.
Applicants should ensure that their support materials clearly convey the strengths of their application with respect to business development opportunities and diversity. Diversity can be demonstrated through geographic region, genre, activity, cultural, or gender representation, and other means. View all program details below in downloads and forms.
If you received funding from this program last fiscal year, please note that we will require your Final Report before allocating future funds. Please get in touch with us as soon as possible if you have any outstanding deliverables.
For all inquiries
Email: mparry (at) creativebc.com
Email: scrammond (at) creativebc.com
Downloads + Forms