Domestic Industry Initiatives
Discover industry contacts, program recipients, productions shooting and more.
VANCOUVER, B.C., Canada – People seeking careers in B.C.'s motion picture industry now have a single point of access to knowledge and networks for entry, with distinctive equity opportunities for people from systemically excluded groups. Activity levels across B.C.'s...
Reel Green™ now offers free Carbon Calculator training for all film industry professionals in British Columbia and Canada. Derived from one of the motion picture industry’s leading carbon calculators, albert, Reel Green™ has adapted a carbon calculator for British...
Province of BC supports the recovery of B.C.’s music sector with a $2.5 million boost to the Amplify BC program
Province bolsters support for live music events Province of British Columbia NEWS RELEASE For Immediate Release 2022TACS0031-000746 May 18, 2022 Ministry of Tourism, Arts, Culture and Sport VICTORIA – The Province is supporting the recovery of B.C.’s live music sector...
When Vineet Miglani and Nidhi Kamboj identified a sustainable means of bringing more live music and art to Gibsons, B.C., they knew it was an opportunity that they couldn’t pass up. Having chosen to forego the rigors of big-city life for a slower pace in the idyllic...
The Domestic Industry Initiatives Program provides funding to a wide range of domestic events and initiatives that aim to engage British Columbia creative industries sector. For music related festivals, events, research projects or initiatives, please visit Amplify BC.
Creative BC acknowledges the unprecedented challenges applicants may be facing due to the global impact of COVID-19. We are committed to working with industry on solutions that will allow applicants to execute their initiatives and events, or a version thereof.
Open for applications
The Domestic Industry Initiative Program is now open for 2022/2023. Applications are rolling until all funds have been allocated.
In order to be eligible, applicants must be:
- Incorporated under British Columbias Society Act; or
- A British Columbia based not-for-profit organization (with its head office in BC);
- Governed by a Board of Directors (where applicable);
- Engaged in the production of programs and initiatives consistent with Creative BCs objective of developing the provinces creative industries; and
- An organization whose principals, directors and officers are in good standing with Creative BC.
Eligible initiatives and events include, but are not limited to, in-person or online forums, panels, workshops and conferences and economic research.
Ineligible events and initiatives normally include:
- Events (i.e. festivals) in their inaugural year;
- Events or initiatives for youth that are not directly associated with the motion pictures interactive digital media or publishing sectors;
- Live performance, (theatre, music, dance);
- Film Festival Screenings;
- Ceremonies, Award Shows, Luncheons, Receptions, Networking Events, Galas and Parties;
- The development or production of creative content or projects (i.e. films, web series, PSAs, commercials, episodic television, educational videos, this includes the creation of any Covid-19 related content.);
- Funding for individual professional development or academic pursuits;
- Travel support for groups or individuals; and
- Capital purchases (i.e. property, equipment, vehicles, etc.)
Applicants must initially submit a completed online Expression of Interest form, to be followed by the submission of a full application form (which will be emailed to applicants) together with the required support documentation. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Please apply well in advance of the proposed initiative or event. Processing time for submissions is approximately 4-6 weeks. It is anticipated that the total request for funding will greatly exceed the funding available.
Applicants should ensure that their support materials clearly convey the strengths of their application with respect to business development opportunities and diversity. Diversity can be demonstrated through geographic region, genre, activity, cultural, or gender representation, and other means. View all program details below in downloads and forms.
If you received funding from this program last fiscal year, please note that we will require your Final Report before allocating future funds. Please get in touch with us as soon as possible if you have any outstanding deliverables.
For all inquiries
Email: mparry (at) creativebc.com
Email: scrammond (at) creativebc.com
Downloads + Forms