2020/2021 CMF Predevelopment Program – Letter of Interest
For fiscal year 20/21 the Canada Media Fund has split their Early Stage Development program into two streams:
The Early Stage Development Program does not require a Letter of Interest (LOI), however the Predevelopment Program does. Creative BC has the ability to provide two LOI’s for the Predevelopment Program which opens on June 18th, 2020.
Creative BC will be accepting LOI requests from May 5th to May 12th via our website. The selected recipients will be notified by May 15th, 2020.
The applicant must meet the following minimum eligibility criteria in order to be considered:
- The applicant must be a company incorporated in British Columbia or Canada with its head office in British Columbia. A majority of the issued common voting shares must be held by BC residents*;
- The applicant company must have received project funding through Creative BC or CMF in the last two fiscals (18/19 and or 19/20);
- 100% of the copyright of the project being developed must be owned, optioned, or controlled by the applicant company;
- The applicant company must have a writers agreement with a BC * writer for a project that meets the CMF’s definition of an Eligible Project;
- The writer must be a third party to the producer/applicant company ( i.e. The writer may not be a company shareholder or employee); and
- The writer must have previous writing credits for a produced TV or web series.
Please apply here: https://formstack.io/D4B29
Applicants should ensure that their support materials clearly convey the strengths of their application with respect to inclusion and diversity. Diversity can be demonstrated through geographic region, genre, activity, cultural, or gender representation, and other means.
*Canadian citizens or Permanent Residents who have resided in BC for at least 200 of the 365 days preceding the date of application and who have filed income tax returns in BC in the taxation year prior to the date of application.