International Industry Initiatives
WHO CAN APPLY TO THE INTERNATIONAL INDUSTRY INITIATIVES PROGRAM?
In order to be eligible, applicants must be:
- A Canadian based not-for-profit organization, government agency or creative industries association;
- Governed by a Board of Directors (where applicable);
- Engaged in the production of programs and initiatives consistent with CrBC’s objective of developing the province’s creative industries; and
- An organization whose principals, directors and officers are in good standing with CrBC.
Eligible international initiatives and events include, but are not limited to, networking sessions, panels, B2B matchmaking and export readiness training. Virtual initiatives and events that run either as a lead up to, in partnership with, or companion to an approved international festival, conference or market may also apply.
To determine eligibility, Creative BC will review the Application, Project Proposal, Budget and Financing Plan. Decisions will be partially based on an assessment of the applicants' ability to realize the budget submitted.
Please submit a complete online application together with the required support documentation including a brief Project Proposal* Project Proposals should be approximatey 3 pages and include the following:
- Introduction of the Applicant Organization: What is the organization’s mandate?
- Project Description: What is the Project? Who is it for? What are the business development opportunities? (i.e. Trade mission; BC producers; Networking and sales)
- Objectives: Details of the desired outcome and how success will be measured? (i.e. Key performance indicators and how they will be taken)
- Design: What is needed to deliver the project? (i.e. Transportation, registration fees, marketing materials, project manager, etc.)
- Budget and Finance Plan: What is the cost of the project and how do you plan to fund it? (Please provide a summary. You will be asked for a detailed budget as a separate attachment in the online application)
- Evaluation: How you plan to report Project outcomes to Creative BC? (i.e. Survey results, written report, etc.)
Please apply well in advance of the proposed initiative or event. Processing time for submissions is approximately 8 weeks. Applicants should ensure that their support materials clearly convey the strengths of their application with respect to business development opportunities and diversity. Diversity can be demonstrated through geographic region, genre, activity, cultural, or gender representation, and other means. It is anticipated that the total request for funding will exceed the funding available.
We kindly ask that you read the 2020-2021 International Industry Initiatives Guidelines prior to submitting your application.
The 2020-2021 International Industry Initiatives online application form is available now.