The three-day festival will host workshops, launch party, screenings, pitch sessions, facilitate panels featuring industry experts and conclude with an awards ceremony gala. This unique festival creates an experience that brings people together to discover extraordinary web series and web content from around the world.
Creative BC would like to congratulate the seven BC nominees for this year's 2016 Web Fest Awards:
- Arlington Passages – Documentary (Vancouver, BC)
- Coded – Drama (Vancouver, BC)
- Garage Sale Diaries – Reality (North Vancouver, BC)
- Mythos – Fantasy (Vancouver, BC)
- Standard Action – Fantasy (Vancouver, BC)
- The Drive – Drama (Vancouver, BC)
- Two Robots Talking – Animation (Hope, BC)
Coded is up for Best Screenplay (Steve Neufeld) and Best Actor (Jarod Joseph). Mythos is up for Best Special Effects. The Drive is nominated in four categories: Best Director (Stuart Gillies), Best Actor (Zach Martin), Best Actress (Jennifer Cheon) and Best Original Score. An innovative new video-on-demand series, The Drive paints a vivid portrait of life for a makeshift family of roomates as they struggle to find their way on East Vancouver’s Commercial Drive.
For the full list of nominees and the festival schedule, visit the VWF website.