CONSENT REQURED TO CREATE A PROFILE
In support of Creative BC’s commitment to diversity and inclusion, a project to provide workforce opportunities in B.C.’s motion picture industry includes a digital means for individuals to self-identify regarding their education, skills and inclusion or identification with an underrepresented group in the industry. This will allow Creative BC to engage in outreach regarding potential job opportunities and pathways into jobs. These may include education and training initiatives as well as recruitment programs established by studios and producers for underrepresented groups.
The information you provide in your profile will be used by Creative BC to include you in the workforce opportunities program, contact you to find out if you are interested in various opportunities and pathways made known to Creative BC which may become available and for which you may qualify based on the information in your profile, to study and understand the engagement of underrepresented groups in the industry, as well as to administer and assess the program (the “Purposes”). Creative BC is authorized to collect and use the information you provide in your profile for the Purposes pursuant to section 26(c) and (d) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
1. I hereby grant permission to Creative BC to use the information I provide in respect of my profile for these Purposes.
2. This consent is effective from the date I create my profile. I understand I may remove or delete my profile on request. Creative BC may continue to use aggregated or anonymized information to study and understand the engagement of underrepresented groups in the industry, as well as to administer and assess the program.
Protecting Your Privacy: If you have any questions or concerns about the collection and use of your personal information, please contact:
CANDIDATE CONSENT FOR DISCLOSURE:
REQUIRED TO SHARE INFORMATION WITH A SPECIFIC STUDIO
Thank you for participating in Creative BC’s project to support workforce opportunities in BC’s motion picture industry. The project’s mission is to increase workforce capacity through more fair and balanced representation across the industry.
Creative BC has become aware of a potential opportunity through a diversity program or initiative sponsored by a partner Studio (the “Studio”) aimed at increasing diversity in the industry by creating training and work experience programs on productions. (the “Opportunity”).
We would like to provide your profile information to the Studio so they may contact you and consider you for the Opportunity. In support of Creative BC’s project, we will also ask the Studio to provide us with information about how they have put diversity information to use and taken steps to increase fair and balanced representation in the industry.
Creative BC requires the Studios to use your personal information only for these limited purposes and to protect your personal information from unauthorized access and disclosure, however, if you agree Creative BC will be providing your profile information to the Studio. The laws applicable to the Studio and its privacy policies and practices may also govern the information they are provided.
If you are interested, we require your consent and agreement as set out below:
3. I hereby grant permission to Creative BC to disclose the information I have provided in respect of my profile to the Studio so it can consider me for and contact in respect of the Opportunity.
4. I also grant permission to the Studio to share information with Creative BC about how it has involved me in the industry and/or training.
5. This consent is effective as of the date given by me for a period of six months.
6. I understand that the Studio and/or its representatives may be located or based outside of Canada and I hereby consent to my personal information being accessed by and disclosed to the Studio in the United States.
7. I understand and agree that if I have any questions or concerns about how the Studio will handle my personal information I must contact the Studio and that Creative BC is not responsible or liable in any way for the Studio’s collection, use or disclosure of my personal information.
8. I confirm that Creative BC is not obligated to nor responsible for provide me any opportunities, such as education, training or job offers, that it is the Studio which may be selecting individuals for any opportunities, and I agree that Creative BC is not liable in any way in respect of any opportunities offered, or not, by the Studio.
Protecting Your Privacy: If you have any questions or concerns about Creative BC’s collection, use or disclosure of your personal information, please contact: