The Respectful Workplace, Diversity and Gender Parity Fund
WHAT IS THE RESPECTFUL WORKPLACE, DIVERSITY AND GENDER PARITY FUND?
On June 15, 2018, the Ministry of Tourism, Arts and Culture, announced a grant program to address diversity, gender parity and anti-harassment in the creative industries. The Respectful Workplace, Diversity and Gender Parity Fund (RWF) is intended to support training initiatives and projects that create and maintain fair, inclusive and safe work environments.
WHAT IS A RESPECTFUL WORKPLACE?
Respectful workplaces display integrity and professionalism, practice fairness and understanding, demonstrate respect for individual rights and differences and encourages accountability for one's actions. Respectful workplaces are free of discrimination based on sexual orientation, gender identity, physical characteristics, mental ability or ancestry.
Eligible applicants are industry associations, not-for-profit organizations or unions in one of the following creative industries:
- Motion picture;
- Music and sound recording;
- Interactive and digital media; and
- Book and magazine publishing.
All associations must be BC based, non-profit organizations must be incorporated under the Society Act, and unions must have a head office in BC, or a head office in Canada with a chapter in BC.
- Designing best practices for a respectful workplace;
- Gap analysis of current anti-harassment policies;
- Sensitivity training for staff, board and or members;
- Research and development of diversity strategies; and
- Creating educational materials that develop skills and foster inclusivity.
Download the full GUIDELINES.
- Applicants must submit a completed online application form, together with the required support documents, budget and Project Proposal.The Project Proposal should answer the following questions:• What is the project concept?• Who is the target audience?• Who will benefit from the project?• What do you hope to achieve?Applications will be reviewed on a first come first serve basis. Processing time for submissions is approximately 6-8 weeks. Applicants should ensure that their application material clearly conveys the strengths of their project with respect to the intentions of the program.FINANCIAL PARTICIPATIONThe maximum an applicant can receive per application is $15,000. Applicants can apply more than once for separate initiatives or projects. No matching funds or outside investment will be required at the time of application; Creative BC may make up 100% of the budget based on eligible costs.APPLICATION PROCEDUREApplicants must submit a completed online application and budget, together with the required support documentation. Applications must be received by October 5th, 2018.CHECKLIST:
- Completed Application Form;
- Project Proposal (no more than 4 pages);
- Budget (and corresponding finance plan should the budget exceed $15,000);
- Production Schedule (Timeline);
- One-page applicant profile (including mandate); and
- Third Party/Contractor Bio or CV.
Please ensure you read the full guidelines before you apply. Once you have read the guidelines, follow the link below to apply!