COVID-19 INFORMATION + RESOURCES
COVID-19 CONTAINMENT MEASURES AFFECTING THE CREATIVE INDUSTRIES
- EVENT CANCELLATIONS + MASS GATHERINGS: Event organizers and owners/occupiers/operators of spaces outdoor or indoor are required to limit any gathering in British Columbia to 50 people, following proper health protocols. View:
- TRAVEL RESTRICTIONS: Canadians are asked to avoid all travel outside of Canada and to suspend all non-essential travel within the province until further notice. Stay informed here.
- RETURN FROM TRAVEL PROTOCOL: For travellers who have returned to Canada, they are required to self-isolate for 14 days upon return.
- WORKPLACE AND BUSINESS RECOMMENDATIONS: Workplaces should continue to practice physical distancing measures, please view the Ministry of Health webpage for information and latest updates as well as the BC Centre for Disease Control resources for Employers and Businesses.
- BC'S RESTART PLAN: The Province lays out a series of steps that we will take together to protect people and ensure that our province can come back from COVID-19 stronger than before. Please stay current with the phased Plan here.
RESOURCES FOR CLIENTS AND CREATIVE INDUSTRY STAKEHOLDERS
We have assembled the following resources by industry for your convenience. If your issue cannot be addressed by the resources in this section, please submit your s here and our teams will ensure your inquiries are addressed and added to our FAQ section for the benefit of our community.
Creative BC has created a resource index for the motion picture, interactive, music and publishing industries that allows you to find resources that are catered to your needs.
Search by Industry
To use the Filter button, click Filter. The Filter will have an option open that says “Where“. Click the dropdown and select Industry along with “has any of” on the next dropdown. Then select your industry.
Search by your needs
If you are a seeking opportunities looking for job boards add a new filter by clicking +Add Filter, click the And option, select “has any of” on the dropdown menu and check off all that apply.
When you apply filters, the sheet will automatically sort to find the best results.
Search using keywords
Using the magnifying glass on the top right of the table, you can easily and quickly search for resources such as grants, business support or mental health resources. Just click the magnifying glass and type in keywords!
SUBMIT A RESOURCE
Did we miss a resource? Use our submission form to add a resource that is relevant to the motion picture, interactive, music and publishing industries.
CREATIVE BC REMOTE WORK PLANCreative BC has implemented a Remote Work Plan as of Monday, March 16, 2020. All staff departments are open from 9am to 5pm, providing seamless services to clients and stakeholders, with the exception that our physical office in Vancouver will be closed to walk-in traffic.
This decision reflects our commitment to employee health and well-being. It is also our intent to proactively sustain service to industry by taking physical distancing measures available and appropriate to our organization’s day-to-day activities.
All financial and administrative functions will continue without disruption and we invite clients to contact staff directly by email or phone with inquiries.
For all projects, events, activities and initiatives that are cancelled or postponed due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Creative BC will work with you to determine the best course of action. Creative BC staff will be in contact with you in the coming days to discuss your situation.
Here is Creative BC's policy regarding cancellations of events and activities due to the COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic.
a. Non-recoverable expenses for cancelled or postponed activities will be covered. Recipients will be asked to claim these expenses through a final report.
b. Program deadlines have been extended to provide flexibility to recipients, and changes to project timelines will be allowed.
c. Funding recipients may request to replace a funded activity that is no longer going forward with another activity eligible through the program.
Please contact Creative BC staff if you have any questions or concerns, and to update us on changes to your project.