COVID-19 INFORMATION + RESOURCES
COVID-19 CONTAINMENT MEASURES AFFECTING THE CREATIVE INDUSTRIES
· Reviewing and Updating COVID-19 Safety Plans: A Guide for Employers: (new and notable) this guide was developed to walk employers through the process of reviewing and updating their COVID-19 Safety Plans, as required by the Nov 7 PHO order to FHA and VCHA employers, and asked of from all employers in the province by Dr. Henry in her press briefings.
· This guide was developed to:
· reflect the format, steps, and requirements of COVID-19 Safety Plan;
· Reinforce good safety management practices, including risk assessment, involvement of workers and joint committees, and ongoing review (these are all concepts in the COVID-19 Safety Plan, and they are emphasized in this guide); and,
· Highlight the focus elements of the PHO order being health screening, selection of appropriate protocols, encouraging workers to work from home, and consideration of shared spaces such as kitchens and break rooms. Risk of violence is also highlighted.
· This resource guide closely aligns with the COVID-19 Employer Questions developed for officers and consultants being used in the focused COVID-19 initiative. Employers may be directed to this new employer guide during inspections or consultations.
· Please also note that Step 5 of the COVID-19 Safety Plan, which requires employers to monitor and update their plan as needed, has been updated with a link to this new employer guide.
· Controlling exposure page: information about applying appropriate controls, including considerations in the use of masks.
HEALTH + SAFETY
CHANGES AS OF NOV 7
· Summary of recent changes to WorkSafeBC's COVID-19 content: reflects any changes in their guidance.
TRAVEL RESTRICTIONS: Canadians are asked to avoid all travel outside of Canada and to suspend all non-essential travel within the province until November 23. Stay informed here.
RETURN FROM TRAVEL PROTOCOL: For travellers who have returned to Canada, they are required to self-isolate for 14 days upon return.
COVID-19 TESTING FOR AIR TRAVEL: Effective January 7th, 2021, all travellers five years of age or older are required to provide proof of a negative COVID-19 PCR or LAMP test result to their airline prior to boarding international flights to Canada. The test must be conducted within 72 hours of the traveller’s scheduled departure to Canada and must be presented at the time of boarding. Please refer to the Transport Canada news release for full details.
RESOURCES FOR CLIENTS AND CREATIVE INDUSTRY STAKEHOLDERS
We have assembled the following resources by industry for your convenience. If your issue cannot be addressed by the resources in this section, please submit your s here and our teams will ensure your inquiries are addressed and added to our FAQ section for the benefit of our community.
Creative BC has created a resource index for the motion picture, interactive, music and publishing industries that allows you to find resources that are catered to your needs.
Search by Industry
To use the Filter button, click Filter. The Filter will have an option open that says “Where“. Click the dropdown and select Industry along with “has any of” on the next dropdown. Then select your industry.
Search by your needs
If you are a seeking opportunities looking for job boards add a new filter by clicking +Add Filter, click the And option, select “has any of” on the dropdown menu and check off all that apply.
When you apply filters, the sheet will automatically sort to find the best results.
Search using keywords
Using the magnifying glass on the top right of the table, you can easily and quickly search for resources such as grants, business support or mental health resources. Just click the magnifying glass and type in keywords!
SUBMIT A RESOURCE
Did we miss a resource? Use our submission form to add a resource that is relevant to the motion picture, interactive, music and publishing industries.
CREATIVE BC REMOTE WORK PLANCreative BC has implemented a Remote Work Plan as of Monday, March 16, 2020. All staff departments are open from 9am to 5pm, providing seamless services to clients and stakeholders, with the exception that our physical office in Vancouver will be closed to walk-in traffic.
This decision reflects our commitment to employee health and well-being. It is also our intent to proactively sustain service to industry by taking physical distancing measures available and appropriate to our organization’s day-to-day activities.
All financial and administrative functions will continue without disruption and we invite clients to contact staff directly by email or phone with inquiries.
For all projects, events, activities and initiatives that are cancelled or postponed due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Creative BC will work with you to determine the best course of action. Creative BC staff will be in contact with you in the coming days to discuss your situation.
Here is Creative BC's policy regarding cancellations of events and activities due to the COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic.
a. Non-recoverable expenses for cancelled or postponed activities will be covered. Recipients will be asked to claim these expenses through a final report.
b. Program deadlines have been extended to provide flexibility to recipients, and changes to project timelines will be allowed.
c. Funding recipients may request to replace a funded activity that is no longer going forward with another activity eligible through the program.
Please contact Creative BC staff if you have any questions or concerns, and to update us on changes to your project.